It’s no secret that some of the builds that show up at SEMA are so over the top that most of us could never afford them. But if you’ve only seen those over-the-top builds, then you haven’t walked around enough because the requirement to get to SEMA isn’t just the half-million dollar cars.
This year, working with SEMA for the Battle Of The Builders Young Guns, the Street Machine Nationals is gunning for one lucky participant to show off their stuff at SMEA 2017. There are two event coming up in June and July where you can enter to have your build represented in the SEMA Show “Battle of the Builders” Young Guns competition.
The shows take place the weekend of June 23-25 in DuQuoin, Illinois, and July 14-16 in St. Paul, Minnesota. Of course, there’s some fine print, and a couple of rules to this because we have to eliminate the stragglers, so here they are:
- Are you age 27 or younger? If you’re still 27 by the final day of the SEMA Show, November 3, 2017, then you’ve passed the first part.
- Did you build the vehicle primarily by yourself? That means, you did most of the work, you didn’t buy the car that way, or you didn’t send it to your buddy’s shop and let them build it for you.
That’s it, if you can answer ‘yes’ to both questions, you’re eligible. Last year, finalist Big Mike displayed his 1992 Honda Prelude in the Torco Oils booth, and this year you could be that person showing off your build.
Here’s How It Works
Street Machine Nationals professional judges will award the top Young Gun qualifying vehicle at the DuQuoin event, June 23-25, 2017. That winner will receive an expense-paid trip to compete in the Young Guns final qualifier at the St. Paul, MN event (July 14-16, 2017). Expenses to be provided include one (1) complimentary vehicle registration to the St. Paul, MN event, two nights lodging in St. Paul, MN at a designated Family Events-partner hotel and $200 towards other expenses.
The Grand Prize winner will be chosen from all Young Gun vehicles attending the St. Paul, MN event. The single, Grand Prize winner from the St. Paul event will win the trip to Vegas for SEMA 2017.
To qualify, participants can compete at either the DuQuoin or St. Paul show. Register at the site of the show with your vehicle for the Young Guns competition. There is no cost to participate, other than registering your vehicle entry to the show of your choice.
Grand Prize Package
Here’s what the winner will receive:
- Round-trip coach class airfare to the 2017 SEMA Show for winner and one guest
- Five nights lodging at a SEMA partner hotel
- $500 for the winner towards other expenses
- Vehicle transportation to and from the 2017 SEMA Show for the winning vehicle
- Designated Feature Vehicle spot at the SEMA Show
- SEMA show credentials for winner and guest
- Automatic entry to the 2017 SEMA Battle of the Builders competition
Make plans now if you want to get your ride featured in the SEMA Show Battle of the Builders Young Guns competition.