Engine cooling solutions are not always as easy as a cut-and-dry radiator or electric fan replacement. Many times enthusiasts are dealing with engine swaps, front-drive conversions, super thick radiators that don’t allow for standard cooling fans … or a host of other complications.
DeWitts has teamed up with SPAL for a nice solution to space and cooling issue. Fitting an electric fan that will cool your engine properly is made much easier with the use of a DC brushless fan that is designed to work in conjunction with a shroud that provides full coverage of your radiator’s core. This newly designed fan shroud mounts SPAL’s 300 or 500-watt brushless fans to nearly any radiator.
DeWitts’ shroud is injection molded from a heat-resistant polymer that offers years of performance and durability. Because it is a polymer, the shroud is easily trimmable to fit most applications. The company literature claims full coverage on core sizes between 22.5″ to 27.5″ wide. The shroud is a “Direct Fit” on all models built with hat channel side supports and Includes all mounting hardware and flaps.
• PWM and analog input for continuous adjustment of fan speed.
• Open collector diagnostic output.
• Meets EMC directives: 2006/28/EC.
• Low weight motor.
• Higher ambient working temperature.
• Protection against overheating, overcurrent, over-voltage, mechanical overload, locked rotor, and load dump.
• High efficiency and low power consumption.
• Low noise, vibration, and harshness.
• Electronic controls with on-board diagnostics.
• Motor with integrated electronics.
• Battery compensation system.
• Proprietary sine-wave sensorless drive.
• Low inertia inner rotor design.
To see more information on the complete kit (Part #32-SP480) or the shroud only (Part #32-SP080), visit them online at www.dewitts.com.