If you’re on the hunt for new front disc brakes for your muscle car, check out this unboxing video which documents a gentleman adding Baer’s 11″ Front SS4+ Brake System to his home-built 1969 Charger R/T.
The owner is going to stay with factory drums at the rear and add the burly Baer binders up front. Not only does this strategy level up the braking performance on this big old Charger, but it’s a great way to keep the budget under control. A rear upgrade can always be added in the future if needed. Most importantly, the new brakes fit inside 15″wheels.
According to Baer, “This system features the 4-piston, S4 caliper mounted to an 11″, 2 piece slot, drill, zinc plated rotor. The S4 caliper has D.O.T compliant dust and weather seals and uses the popular DR1 or HB100 pad type. Billet aluminum hubs come assembled with premium bearings packed with Redline synthetic grease and billet dust caps. Rotors are pre-assembled with NAS high-grade stainless hardware. All mounting brackets, stainless braided hoses, and hardware are also included. The 11″ SS4+ is designed just like Baer’s larger systems, but in a smaller package for 15″ wheels.”
- All the benefits of Baer’s larger brake systems, just in a smaller package to fit most 15″ wheels
- 4-piston (S4) caliper that offers a piston area comparable to many 6-piston calipers
- 2-piece rotor design with a 6061 T-6 billet aluminum hat bolted to the rotor friction ring with high-grade NAS (Aircraft) hardware. Rotors come pre-assembled
- Includes a set of 6061-T6 billet machined hubs pre-assembled with studs and premium bearings packed with Redline synthetic grease
- Standard colors are Red, Black, or Silver (Custom colors and finishes are also available)