We’ve discussed Proform’s Slim-Fit Radiators Systems before, mostly due to the size. However, there’s much more going on with these heat exchangers. Obviously, they are unique because they are a svelte 4-inches of thinness. What is not so evident is all the design work that went into these radiators.
While a 4” radiator is pretty darn thin, the cooling ability between the inlet and outlet is huge. Likewise, the quality of construction is massive. For instance, the ridiculously tight manufacturing tolerances allow the central tank to braze directly into the core. Proform claims their slim-fit radiator offer as much as 40 percent space savings versus other aftermarket and OE radiators.
Utilizing their own hybrid tube architecture, the radiator’s core is reinforced by the unique design. The bond with the tubes, the headers, and the tank is so strong that leak prevention is superior. Couple this with fin counts, louver angles, and the other design features, and you have a true performance radiator.
The cooling ability makes these radiators a good fit for engines up to 600 horsepower. So they are capable of doing the trick for almost anything on the street these days.
Manufactured with OE size inlet and outlets with several different inlet/outlet location options, they are built for easy installation. To make things even easier, Proform offers direct fit, conversion, and universal models. So if you’ve done a popular LS swap on an older car, Proform has you covered.
At the end of the day, this radiator design is truly an amazing feat of engineering. It can be dropped into an S-10 conversion because of its thin size, or into a G-body just because it’s cool looking. Either way, it is a major gain in what can be done with cooling under the hood.
- Patented innovations (U.S. Patents 9,212,598, D743,517, and others pending).
- The thinnest radiator/shroud/fan combination in its class. Under 4″ in critical areas.
- Tig welded aluminum construction with a clean natural finish.
- Lighter and more efficient than conventional OE radiator combinations
- Hybrid dual 1” tubes and core-wide extruded tube core.
- Single-pass flow design.
- 100 percent fabricated aluminum tanks compatible with all coolants.
- Direct-fit, LS conversion, V8 conversion, and universal models are available.
- OE Inlet/Outlet size and location for easy installations.
- Billet aluminum filler neck with high-capacity, anti-corrosion overflow tube.
- Five-plate coolers (automatic transmission applications only).
For more information on Proform’s slim-fit radiators, visit them online at www.proformparts.com.