Suspiciously missing from the company’s website the past couple of weeks was the 2015 Chrysler 300. With all the media and attention that the Hellcats were getting, followed closely by the Scat Pack cars, any hope of a Hellcat 300C completely disappeared when even the regular SRT version didn’t make it to the DriveSRT site.
But at the LA Auto Show, we got to see the facelifted 300 with plenty of restyling inside and out. Most noticeable is the larger, lower-hanging grille and front fascia, which is what Chrysler says is a “bolder face of Chrysler.” Subtle design changes include LED lighting, unique finishes, and new wheel designs.
Inside the 300you’ll find a new 7-inch full-color driver information display (DID) and the latest generation Uconnect systems with a large 8.4-inch touch screen. Replacing the shift lever on the center console is a new, class exclusive rotary shifter knob, which is standard on all models. The 300S and 300C provide the option of paddle shifters.
Powering the 300 is the 3.6 liter Pentastar DOHC V6 (for now, at least it’s still called Pentastar) in RWD/AWD, or the 5.7 liter Hemi which is optional on the 300S, 300C, and 300C Platinum in RWD only. A Sport button is new for 2015, enabling sport tuned steering, pedal, engine and transmission calibration, and rear biased torque on AWD models for better handling.
Chrysler has made a few proud claims with the new 300:
- Best-in-class V-6 highway fuel economy
- Best-in-class V-6 driving range
- Best-in-class V-8 driving range
- Best-in-class V-8 horsepower
- Best-in-class V-8 torque
- Best-in-class interior volume
- Best-in-class rear seat volume
- Most technologically advanced vehicle in its class
- Most technologically advanced (AWD) system in its class
- Class-exclusive front axle disconnect with active transfer case
- Segment’s largest touchscreen display
- Segment’s largest dual-pane sunroof available
- Class-exclusive TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission
- Class-exclusive available illuminated dual heated and cooled cup holders
- Class-exclusive electronic rotary transmission shifter