3M Automotive Aftermarket Division, along with the Collision Repair Education Foundation, are auctioning off custom-painted hoods designed by leading painters from around the world to benefit the 3M Hire our Heroes program. The auction begins Friday, Oct. 27 and will run through the SEMA show in Las Vegas, which concludes Nov. 3. Bids on the hoods may be placed at the 3M PPS Hood Auction Site.The hoods were created during the 2017 3M PPS World Cup, held in conjunctionwith the Woodward Dream Cruise in Detroit this summer. 3M invited leading automotive painters from around the world to come to Detroit and participate. They demonstrated their painting skills with the latest 3M solutions for vehicle painting, including the 3M™ PPS™ Series 2.0 Spray Cup System. The painters designed and painted the hoods to reflect their perspective on classic car culture. Also included in the auction are four patriotic themed hoods created by Ryan “Ryno” Templeton.These hoods will all be auctioned to benefit the 3M Hire Our Heroes program, which since 2013 has raised more than $825,000 for scholarships and tool grants for military veterans and their family members. Nearly 270 military veterans and their families have already received scholarships and grants, and many have graduated from school and are working in the collision repair industry.To bid, visit 3M PPS Hood Auction Site and register to participate. Registration is quick and easy. Then select the painter and hood on which to bid. Check back often to see how the bid is progressing.Hoods available for auction were created by the following painters:
- Pablo Prado, KandynChrome, USA
- Jacob Miles, Milestone Paint & Body, USA
- Connie Manjavinos, PassionateInk, USA
- Clay Hoberecht, Best Body Shop, USA
- Danny Schramm, SchrammWerk, Germany
- Christian Wilke, Lackabilly, Germany
- Carmine De Maria, C.A.D. Custom, Australia
- Shane Wanjon, Exclusive Image Paint and Body, USA
- Ryan “Ryno” Templeton, Blasted by Ryno, USA“These painters all created spectacular designs and incredible paint work showcasing classic car culture and patriotism. Their works of art are certainly collectible, and this auction provides car lovers a chance to take home one of these creations and benefit a great cause at the same time,” said Dale Ross, U.S. Marketing Operations Manager, 3M Automotive Aftermarket Division. “It’s an honor to work with them, and collectively be able to help our military veterans and their families pursue a career in the collision repair industry.”3M Hire Our Heroes Delivers Tools, Textbooks and MoreThe 3M Hire Our Heroes grants are available for qualifying returning veterans and family members. Grants may be used for tuition, school fees, tools, textbooks and equipment at qualifying technical schools. For additional information and to apply, visit www.CollisionEducationFoundation.org.The ultimate goal of the 3M Hire Our Heroes campaign is to support the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in raising awareness for hiring America’s heroes and help drive employment in the collision repair industry for these deserving veterans and their families.For more information on the 3M Hire Our Heroes campaign, contact Dale Ross, 3M Automotive Aftermarket, at [email protected] or visit www.3mcollision.com/hire.
3M Automotive Aftermarket Division Keeps Vehicles Moving3M automotive products keep the world on the move, with innovative solutions for building, repairing and maintaining vehicles. From the collision repair professional to the individual vehicle enthusiast, people around the world trust 3M products to protect, repair and keep their vehicles looking showroom new. And our commitment to this industry extends beyond product performance to a careful stewardship of the world’s resources and environment. Serving the needs of our customers has made 3M a trusted leader in vehicle care and repair, and we are dedicated to earning that trust each and every day.For more information, contact 1-877-MMM-CARS, contact your local 3M Distributor or 3M Sales Representative or visit the website at www.3Mcollision.com. Follow 3M AAD on Facebook at www.facebook.com/3MCollision and on twitter @3M_Collision and Instagram @3MCollision.About 3MAt 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world. Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNews.