The Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) has selected six Bonnier Events to be regional qualifiers for the “Young Guns” category of their “SEMA Battle of the Builders” competition at the 2018 SEMA Show this November in Las Vegas. This will be the second consecutive year that SEMA has partnered with Bonnier Events.
SEMA’s development of the Young Guns category was intended to promote young designers and builders by providing them with national exposure via the iconic SEMA Show in Las Vegas as well as a one-hour SEMA television special to air on the Discovery Channel.
Mike Moore, President of Bonnier Events, says “it is an honor to partner with SEMA on the ‘Young Guns’ initiative once again this year. We are very proud of the Young Guns we generated from the 2017 4-Wheel Jamboree and Street Machine Nationals events. Being selected to participate again in 2018 – with now six of our events as qualifying rounds for this national competition – is a tribute to the young participants building high caliber vehicles that attend our truck, Jeep and muscle car enthusiast events.”
“The SEMA “Young Guns” initiative for the SEMA Battle of the Builders seeks to create national attention by partnering with select car and truck shows across the country to promote younger enthusiasts and provide these designers and builders the opportunity for national exposure,” says Ira Gabriel, Vice President of Marketing and Communications for SEMA. “We are excited to expand the Young Guns program into six Bonnier Events this year across the 4-Wheel Jamboree, Street Machine Nationals and Jeep Invasion brands.”
Contestants aged 27 and younger, will be given the opportunity to compete for a spot in the SEMA Battle of the Builders “Young Guns” competition at:
- The Silver Lake Jeep Invasion in Mears, Michigan on June 1-3
- The O’Reilly Auto Parts 4-Wheel Jamboree Nationals in Lima, Ohio on June 8-10
- The 4-Wheel Jamboree Nationals in Bloomsburg, PA on July 13-15
- The General Tire Street Machine Nationals in DuQuoin, Illinois on June 15-17
- The O’Reilly Auto Parts Street Machine Summer Nationals in St. Paul, MN on July 20-22
- The O’Reilly Auto Parts 4-Wheel Jamboree Nationals in Indianapolis, IN on Sept 14-16
During each Young Guns qualifying event the winner will receive the following:
- An all-expense paid trip for the winner and guest to the 2018 SEMA show in Las Vegas
- Vehicle transportation to and from the 2018 SEMA Show for the winner’s vehicle
- A designated feature vehicle display spot at the 2018 SEMA show
- Automatic entry to the 2018 SEMA Battle of Builders competition