At one time, the small-block Chevy was considered the engine that revolutionized hot rodding. It was a staple with drag racers and those looking to put a better engine in their street rod or muscle car. A renaissance of sorts has come to the hobby, and the LS engine is now king. Wiseco Performance Products was there through the time of the small-block and now they are making waves in the LS world. I give you the Race Engineered Design (RED) pistons.
The RED series is not just another piston in the traditional sense. They offer strength and durability with precision-machined features that are unmatched and give horsepower enthusiasts a competitive edge. According to Wiseco, The RED series is the culmination of decades of experience in designing and manufacturing high-performance engine components, and we’re thrilled to offer this lineup of forged pistons to our LS customers.
These are forged pistons that are not only available for LS engines but also for a range of popular, domestic V8 platforms — like the traditional small-block. If you’re looking for your next set of pistons, the RED series pistons offer the ultimate balance of performance and value.
- Engineered, forged, and machined in the USA from 2618 aluminum for tensile strength needed in performance racing and power-adder applications
- Dedicated forgings allow for optimized, engine-specific strutted design to maximize strength-to-weight characteristics
- ArmorGlide® skirt coating reduces operating friction and noise while also reducing skirt and cylinder wear
- Horizontal slot oiling in pin bores maintains optimal wrist pin and small-end lubrication, critical for long service life
- Accumulator groove helps maintain consistent ring seal and power
- Each part number includes premium rings – no need for additional sourcing