We love Classic Instruments for their high-tech gauges and OEM integration. They were holding court at PRI and we were keen to see what new gear they brought to the show. GM fans are gonna love Classic Instruments’ new electronic cluster for Chevy G-bodies.
Made specifically for 1978-88 Chevy G-bodies, this direct-fit package is an all-electric cluster featuring a speedometer, tachometer, clock, and fuel, oil, temp, and volt gauges in an OE style. It is available either with or without a gear position indicator and with or without an overdrive gear indicator for use with any transmission.
The hybrid LED lighting offers the feel of the original perimeter lighting and the visual benefits of back-lighting: even illumination and clear nighttime readability. Turn signals and high beam indicators are in the original locations and the kit includes a new check engine and high beam sockets with LED bulbs.
The kit also includes a wiring harness, push-button speedometer calibration for ease of setup, a new acrylic lens, and a built-in ECM signal filter switch. Save space with Classic Instruments’ Zeus Speedometer Technology built-in, meaning the cluster requires no external control boxes and works directly with ECM or VSS signals.
The fuel gauge is programmable for any ohm range with a selector switch on the back of the cluster, meaning the fuel gauge will work with the stock sending unit, any other factory sending units, or any Classic Instruments fuel sending unit.
All other necessary sending units are included in a Classic Instruments GM sending unit kit. Install using your existing diffuser. Also fits 1982–1987 GMC Caballero.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- All-electric cluster for ease of programming and installation
- OE Style to mimic the original gauge cluster look
- Available with or without gear position indicator and with or without overdrive gear indicator for use with any transmission
- Hybrid lighting to match the original styling and perimeter lighting and improve visibility with backlighting
- Includes new check engine & high beam sockets with LED bulbs to replace the original and provide power from the gauge circuit board
- Includes wiring harness & push-button calibration for programming and ease of installation
- Includes new acrylic lens to replace original
- Built-in ECM signal filter switch to remove signal noise for smoother speedometer operation
- Built-in Zeus Speedometer Technology, no external control boxes needed, and will work with any available speed signals
- Includes Classic Instruments’ GM sending unit kit – complete, no separately purchased parts
- Installs with customers’ existing diffuser for an original look
- Fitment: 1982–1988 Chevrolet El Camino, 1982–1988 Chevrolet Malibu, 1978–1988 Chevrolet Monte Carlo, 1982–1987 GMC Caballero
- Dash housing is not included.
- Consider adding the Holley Easy Level sender to your order, part #19-250.