When it came time for Chevrolet to introduce the 2020 COPO Camaro, it was only natural they build a unique concept designed by none other than John Force, and for a good reason.
Force is a 16-time NHRA Funny Car champion, a 21-time champion car owner, and one of the most dominant figures in drag racing history. The 70-year-old has 151 career victories, and when it comes to interviews, no one knows what Mr. Force is going to say. But nine times out of ten, the subject matter will be highly entertaining.
This 2020 COPO is one of our favorites to date, with a bold paint scheme and graphics. The car pops under the lights in the Las Vegas convention center as it demands the attention of passersby in its vicinity with the American flag displayed boldly on the hood. The interior of the car carries over the red and black theme, as well. The mostly black interior offers red accents throughout, including the A/C vents and seats, and even John Force’s signature graces the dash of this custom COPO.
Two engine options are available for the 2020 COPO. Those include a supercharged LSX 350 engine with a 2.65-liter Magnuson supercharger and an LSX-based 427 cubic-inch naturally aspirated mill. The John Force Concept Camaro has a supercharged combination with a set of LSX-SC heads. A racer’s package is also available, which will include a carbon fiber air inlet, dual batteries, weight box, parachute, and a quick-change coupling for the supercharged models.
While you might not be able to order the John Force Concept COPO, you will be able to bid on it at the Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction in the near future, and the proceeds from the sale will head to charity.
Chevrolet will build 70 COPOS 2020s instead of the usual 69, as the John Force Editio is considered a unique build. If you are interested in purchasing one of the 69 COPOs being built, you can register for a chance to purchase the vehicle here.
2020 COPO Camaro Features:
- LSX-based 350 cubic-inch supercharged engine or a naturally aspirated 427 cubic-inch engine
- TH400 three-speed automatic
- Front suspension: lightweight adjustable front struts
- Rear suspension: multilink
- Adjustable coilover-shocks, Panhard bar, and anti-rollbar
- Rear-axle with aluminum center section, 35-spline spool, and axles
- Brakes: manual lightweight rotors and calipers
- Integrated line-lock
- Manual rack-and-pinion steering
- Fuel storage system with fuel cell and built-in high-pressure fuel pump
- Dedicated racing wire harness
- High-rise carbon fiber hood
- Outside rearview mirror delete with painted closeouts
- Wheelie bars
- Drag parachute (included with supercharged engine)
- Available racing package
- Weld Racing wheels
- Chevrolet Performance window banner
- Dark taillamps and neutral CHMSL
- NHRA-certified (8.50-seconds) Chromoly cage
- Lightweight bucket racing seats with custom embroidery
- Floor-mounted shifter
- COPO-specific instrument panel with analog racing gauges
- Center stack-mounted racing switch panel
- five-point safety harness (driver and passenger)