Let’s suppose you’re planning on converting from a generator to an alternator on a vintage air-cooled VW, or maybe you just want a higher-powered alternator than the stock one. If you overloaded the electrical system demand with an electrical fuel pump, one of those new EFI systems, a bumping stereo, and a host of other modern gadgets, your electrical demand may overwhelm your electrical supply. Pertronix has the thing for you.
The Compu-Fire 58690P VW 90 AMP alternator from Pertronix allows the use of high current draw electrical accessories, including high output sound systems, engine management systems, and off-road lighting, and is a direct bolt-on replacement for air-cooled Volkswagens.
Like most alternators, this unit is internally regulated for excellent output at idle. If you’re into underhood appearance, the Compu-Fire 90 AMP alternator is available in a show-quality polished finish.
By comparison, the 90 AMP alternator reportedly puts out 200-percent more power than the stock VW generator does, and nearly 65-percent more power than the stock 55 AMP alternator.
Heat can torture electrical components or shorten their lifespan dramatically. As an added bonus, the new 90 AMP alternator features dual cooling fans built into the unit which keeps the alternator cooled internally. More power in a dependable and compact package… what more could you ask for?
Features and Benefits:
- Exclusive dual-cool technology internal fans provide superior temperature control
- Produces 90 AMPS of electrical energy
- Cooling fans help keep out dust and silt in off-road vehicle operation
- Features a rugged internal solid-state voltage regulator
- Allows the use of high current draw electrical accessories including high output sound systems, engine management systems, and off-road lighting
- A direct bolt-on replacement for the AL82 Bosch-type unit
For more information on this new alternator or the other products offered by Pertronix, visit them online at Pertronix.com.