Let’s face it, one of the best ways to enjoy a muscle car is to drive it. And, who isn’t looking for new and exciting ways to enjoy their muscle cars? The group at Muscle Car Adventures knows we’re all jonesin’ to get a few miles in whenever we can. That is why they have created the Muscle Car Adventures event, being held on September 21-24, 2023.
This is the tenth year for the event and there are many varied road tours and attractions throughout the Wisconsin countryside scheduled for those in attendance. The event starts each day at the Chula Vista Resort in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin. Wisconsin is not known for having long, straight roads, so road tours are a great way to enjoy your muscle car just the way it was meant to be driven.
The road tours are guided and designed to carry you through some of the best of Wisconsin’s roads less traveled. There are two types of road tours. Scenic Tours will be a leisurely drive through the countryside in participants’ beloved cars, allowing them to take in the scenery in a relaxed manner. Spirited Tours are for drivers, confident in their cars and their driving abilities. These tours take on a more aggressive driving manner so know your abilities and chose your road tour options wisely.
Guided tours have a maximum number of cars allowed and some tours will have required additional fees for samples and on-site tours as indicated in the tour’s description. Some tours also require closed-toe shoes so check the requirements for each excursion accordingly. Each participant will receive a tour map in their welcome packet and all tours will be launched on time. All longer tours will have scheduled rest stops for all attendees.
The events begin on Thursday, September 21 with Hot Laps at the Dells Raceway Park. Attendees will return the following day for more opportunities to open up their rides around the track. From there, each numbered tour splinters off to visit any number of attractions throughout the countryside.
Saturday’s Tours and their destinations include:
- Tour 1 (Scenic) – Wisconsin Cranberry Discovery Center and Restaurant and The Highground Veterans Memorial Park.
- Tour 2 (Spirited) – Anchor Bay Bar & Grill, Stevens Point Brewery, Sunset Point Winery and Wisconsin Dairy Cheese.
- Tour 3 (Spirited) – Mystery Tour! Driving time and miles undisclosed. (For those adventuresome types with a full tank of fuel).
- Tour 4 (Spirited) – Two wineries, lunch, and a quick trip including the Balanced Rock Winery, Baraboo Bluff Winery, and J’s Pub.
- Tour 5 (Scenic) – Wisconsin Auto Museum and The Mineshaft Restaurant.
There will also be an autocross held throughout the day on Saturday; and Saturday night, the group will caravan from the Chula Vista Resort to Dells Raceway Park for an additional evening of racing. Attendees will have reserved parking for all the muscle cars.
Sunday Tours Include:
- Tour 6 (Scenic) – Cave of the Mounds & Rookies
- Tour 6A (Spirited) – Join your guide, Joe Morgan, as he leads a group to the Hillsboro Drag-Away for an exciting day at the drags.
- Tour 7 (Scenic) – A day at the circus, Circus World, Al Ringling Mansion & Restaurant.
- Tour 8 (Spirited) – Driftless Brewing Company, Ski-Hi Fruit Farm, and Richland Family Restaurant.
- Tour 9 (Scenic) Another Mystery Tour.
- Tour 10 (Scenic) – Mushrooms, wine, lunch, and a dessert at the Hidden Valley Mushroom Farm, J’s Pub, Narrows Creek Winery, and then the Log Cabin for pies and Baraboo candy.
- Tour 11 (Spirited) – An invigorating loop south with lunch at Fishy’s Bar & Grill in LaValle and Carr Valley Cheese.
The Muscle Car Adventures Tours are designed to integrate your favorite ride into the fun. These are expressly NOT show-and-shine types of events. Attendees are encouraged to participate in as many road tours and activities as possible. Except for the aforementioned additional fees, all activities and tours are included in the cost of registration.
Head over to the Muscle Car Adventures website to secure your registration for this fun-filled weekend in Wisconsin. You can also check out the Muscle Car Adventures Facebook page for more information and photos from past events. If you’re into enjoying your muscle car as those engineers intended, secure your spot before they fill up.