Are you the fastest wrench in the West? If you’re headed out to LS Fest West on June 12-14, you’ll have a chance to prove it and win big in the process. Holley and BOXO Tools have teamed up once again, and are bringing the popular LS Bolt-On Challenge to Las Vegas for 2020.
Holley and BOXO will have two identically prepped LS engines where teams will compete against each other. The contestants will remove the OEM components and swap them over to more horsepower friendly Holley brand components (including but not limited to engine swap oil pans, intake manifolds, valve covers, headers, etc.).
This competition is a little different than years past. Holley states, “The LS Fest is opening up the competition to more than just two teams. For 2020 the challenge is changing to a time trial format that allows single competitors to compete against another for time.”
The Holley staff will declare winners as the team’s face-off while awarding free swag and other promotional items. Major prizes will also be given for the top three fastest overall times on Saturday afternoon, at the close of the competition.
- 1st Place: 217 piece Master Tool Set complete with a 45″ box
- 2nd Place: 214 piece Master Tool Set with a 26″ box
- 3rd Place: 185 piece Metric & SAE Hand Carry Tool Set
BOLT-ON CHALLENGE RULES:
To keep the competition structured so that more car enthusiasts can compete, the challenge will be centered around installing parts on the exterior of these engines.
- Contestants will not be required to install crankshafts, cylinder heads, or camshafts.
- All fasteners are required to be installed and tightened so that they are fully seated to keep the competition fair.
- Torquing fasteners to a specific spec will not be required.
For more details on the competition, please visit LS Fest.com.