If you have ever been caught in the rain with your classic, then you know how inadequate vintage wipers can be. Now, you can upgrade you GM B-body (1961-26 and 1965-66 Impala, Biscayne and Be Air). It’s all thanks to the new Selecta-Speed wiper kits from Detroit Speed. The Selecta-Speed Kits replace the bulky, original wiper motor with a modern, low profile, seven-speed motor.
Instead of having only off-and-on modes, you can now adjust the wiper motor’s speed, based on how much rain is falling. This is a great benefit for you and your family’s safety. No one likes to take their classic out in the rain, but getting caught in a sudden shower while coming home from a cruise night or car show just happens. Nest time, you can be ready with the help of Detroit Speed.
See more details below.
The Detroit Speed, Inc. 1961-62 and 1965-66 Impala, Biscayne, or Bel Air Selecta-Speed Wiper Kits allow you to update the technology of your factory wiper kit with ease!
- Low profile, seven-speed, modern wiper motor replaces bulky original one- or two-speed motor.
- Performance and convenience of a late-model wiper system in a package that easily — and cleanly — mounts in the car.
- CNC aluminum adapter plate conceals the wiper motor under the cowl or on the firewall, using the stock wiper motor bolt-pattern.
- The supplied wiring harness uses the factory wiper grommet opening and requires no cutting of the factory harness.
- Modern OE wiper-motor design is more compact for a clean look on the firewall, giving additional clearance for brake booster, valve covers, etc.
- Push-button function for a windshield-washer option. Once the push-button function is released, the wiper blades cycle three times like a modern vehicle.