Holley recently announced the release of the latest iteration of the ever-popular Atomic EFI system. The Atomic 2 system from MSD. This new system features 4 100LB/HR Fuel Injectors that are capable of supporting up to 650 HP naturally aspirated of 635 HP on forced induction applications. The Atomic 2 ECU is capable of fuel map self-learning and ignition timing control. This system also improves idle stability, drivability, and wide-open throttle horsepower!. It is designed to fit on a 4150- style intake manifold while having plenty of clearance for factory air cleaners.
What is great about the Atomic 2 is that it provides the performance and drivability benefits that you would expect from fuel injection. It has a quick start, smooth idle, and a great throttle response. That is just naming a few amazing pros as well. Now combine this with the fact that Atomic 2 will support ignition timing directly through the ECU and you definitely have a win-win combination. That’s right, the initial timing is handled through a compact handheld monitor. All you have to do is simply answer a few easy to answer to car guy questions and your engine and you’re off and running!
Here is a list of all the great features the Atomic 2 has to offer:
- Direct replacement for common 4-barrel carburetors with 4150-style (square bore) flange
- NEW Throttle Body Flows 865 CFM and features 1 ¾” Throttle Plates
- NEW Booster design offers superior fuel atomization
- NEW ECU is 100% incorporated into the throttle body – no separate Power Module to mount
- NEW and Improved Calibration Wizard – Answer a few simple questions about your engine and it creates the base map, then starts tuning on its own! NO laptop required!
- NEW High-Resolution, Full Color, 3.5” Touchscreen for Initial Setup, Tuning, and Gauge Displays
- NEW Optional Laptop Tuneability – Ideal for fine tuning and unique engine combinations or for Boosted applications up to 21.5 PSI
- IMPROVED Built in Nitrous Control supports wet/dry nitrous
- Integrated ignition timing control – includes an ignition coil driver, no ignition box required
- Only 4 Wiring Connections Required! (Battery +, Battery – , Switched Ignition & RPM)
- NEW Black Ceramic Finish Option for durable, modern looks. Also available in raw aluminum
- NEW Higher Horsepower Rating – Supports up to 650 HP Naturally Aspirated or 635 HP Forced Induction with Four 100 Lb/Hr Injectors
- Roller bearing throttle shafts for smooth throttle feel and less pedal effort
- External fuel pressure regulator required, set to a base pressure of 58.5 PSI, such as Holley 12-882. (Only on PN 2910-2 and 2910-2BK).
- Fuel pump control built-in with a 40 amp relay
- Fan control eliminates the need for external fan controller, simply wire a relay to the fan and tell the Atomic 2 ECU the desired fan activation temperature
- NEW OEM Style TPS/IAC and Fuel Pressure sensor, for years of dependable service and easy replacement
- The included Genuine Bosch LSU 4.9 Wideband Oxygen Sensor provides real-time Fuel Map Learn!
- NEW – Includes clamp-on oxygen sensor kit for simplified, leak free installation. Stainless Steel T-Bolt clamps and a Stainless Steel (Weldable) oxygen sensor bung included
- NEW – Compatible with MSD, Holley Hyperspark and OEM Ignition Systems
- NEW – Compatible with Holley EFI digital dashes, gauges and fuel system accessories
Want to know more on why you should swap your carb set up to EFI? Click here.