Our friends at RK Motors Charlotte found another unique collectable car; a 1952 Chevrolet Bel Air. The first generation Bel Air models represented a revolutionary and transitional style from pre-war to post war car designs.
Featuring some of the classic pre-war lines, the first generation Bel Airs also incorporated sheet metal design that would set the pattern for the next decade.
This particular Bel Air is a frame-off complete restoration of a numbers-matching, early 50s Chevy that’s been professionally finished in correct earth tone aesthetics. The Saddle Brown & Sahara Beige (inside and out) coupe features the original 235 cubic-inch Stovebolt inline 6. The original Powerglide 2-speed automatic transmission hangs behind the stock mill.
This classic is the winner of multiple national awards including the Antique Automobile Club of America (AACA) National Senior first prize winner, AACA Grand National First Prize and Vintage Chevrolet Club of America Senior Award winner. This Bel Air also boasts of 12 consecutive AACA preservation awards.
- Chevrolet branded 15-inch painted steel wheels with bright stainless trim and small silver pinstripes
- 6.70-15 Goodyear Super Cushion Deluxe whitewalls
- Correct Sahara Beige and Saddle Brown paint
- 3.55 gear ratio
- Correct Tan and Brown leather interior
- Heavy duty leaf springs
- Four-wheel drum brakes
- Period correct single-pipe exhaust system
- Mid-mount turbo muffler
- Period correct radio and correct Bakelite buttons
- Two-tone, aircraft-inspired steering wheel
- Art Deco gauges
- Correct jack assembly
- Full-size spare tire
For more information on this or any of the collector cars in the RK Motors Charlotte inventory, visit them online at www.rkmotorscharlotte.com