Every car guy straddles the line between looks and functionality. We all want a car that looks good and can make everyone else drool, but we also want a ride that can actually be used. What’s the point if it looks good, but overheats after fifteen minutes of driving? At PRI 2012, Quick Fuel Technology have been able to capture both functionality and looks with their new Black Diamond series carburetors.
When we decided to go to Nitro Plate to do this, we wanted something that wasn’t only pretty but was also functional as well – Marvin Benoit
The black diamond series carburetors feature a brand new coating developed from NitroPlate that helps reduce the fuel temperature entering the engine. “The good news is, it not only looks good, but its also functional,” Explained Quick Fuel President Marvin Benoit. “In testing we’ve determined that it reduces the fuel temperature by 6%.”
So what does that 6% decrease mean for your daily driver? “It means that it takes longer for the fuel to boil in the bowl, and helps alleviate vapor pressure in the carburetor,” Benoit explained to us. ” It also can eliminate stumbling problems for street cars.”
- Unique PTFE Teflon Coating designed specifically for this application
- Highly Durable Finish, impact and scratch resistant
- Impervious to virtually all under hood chemicals and fuels
- Highly corrosion resistant – especially important for marine coastal and harsh environment
- Coating aids in appearance, sheds dirt, and cleans easily.
- Provides a 6% reduction in fuel temperature for improved performance
- available in satin black finish.
The coating will first be available in their SS and their Q-Series carburetors before being made available in other products. For more information please visit Quick Fuel Technology’s home on the web at QuickFuelTechnology.com